What Is Forex Automated Trading? How Does It Work On MT4 & MT5?
Automated trading has become a norm rather than the expectation due to the forex market’s ever-increasing speed and liquidity. It completely contrasts manual trading, which is prone to emotional biases. Automated trading systems have the ability to operate 24/7 and make trading decisions that are entirely based on market data. This makes them a great choice for trading professionals who may remain ahead of the curve and profit from market opportunities by utilising the most recent technologies. Let’s get into the details to learn more about this strategy!
What Is Automated Trading?
Automated forex trading is an intriguing technique to trade the forex markets as it allows traders to enter and exit trades without requiring physical participation. It involves using specialised software and tools to evaluate market trends and carry out trades following established parameters. Since automated platforms respond quickly to the opportunities, traders may gain a competitive edge in the market.
How Does Forex Automated Trading Work?
Algorithms lay the foundation of automated trading. These algorithms are a set of clearly-defined instructions or rules that govern the decision-making process for entering and exiting trades. To develop the right algorithm for your automated strategy, you need to have sound programming skills, but that’s not enough unless you have exceptional knowledge about the market and a solid strategy for placing trades. And once you have both, you can probably win the trading game. However, it doesn’t hurt to extensively test your forex bot to optimise its performance in live trading conditions.
If you are a novice trader who is far from programming, you can buy ready-made automated trading systems, as plenty of them are available for purchase.Read More
Whether you have built an expert advisor from scratch or bought one online, they all work the same way. They utilise advanced scanning technologies to analyse market patterns and then execute trades based on rules defined by the trader.
If you are wondering what kind of rules can be applied to the automated trading bot, then let us tell you that it can be as easy as telling your EA to enter or exit a trade based on some macroeconomic rules, such as interest rate changes or the government easing its monetary policy. The rules can also be set based on technical indicators like Moving averages. You can also specify the lot size and target profit to be earned before closing the position. And that’s it! Your automated bot will work per your instructions without even a slight deviation.
Pros & Cons Of Forex Auto Trading
There are various advantages and disadvantages of auto trading softwares. Let’s start with the positives first.
Prevents Human Error
As much as we humans like to think we’re capable of making rational decisions, we’re prone to making errors, and in trading, even the slightest mistake can have disastrous consequences. Fortunately, automated trading systems eliminate the risk of human error by following a set of predefined rules.
This means the possibility of unintentionally winning or losing trades due to a missed decimal point or a misplaced stop-loss order is completely out of the equation. Your automated software will do exactly what they’re told without deviating from those instructions. This level of precision ensures that trades are executed flawlessly every time.
Trading under stress is one of the biggest challenges that traders face. You have to agree with me on that! Emotions such as fear, greed, and hope can influence how you make your trading decision, leading to unpleasant outcomes as you may make irrational trade decisions. However, the good news is that automated trading systems don’t feel emotions. Instead, they strictly follow the rules and criteria programmed into them. This means you can trust them to be completely free of external biases. They provide traders with a level of discipline and consistency that’s hard to match.
Offers The Ability To Backtest
As a trader, testing and refining strategies is the key to success. However, manual backtesting can be a time-consuming and tedious process. Automated trading solves this problem by providing access to vast historical data to test automated strategies on past market movements. This opportunity is the cornerstone of automated trading, allowing traders to fine-tune their strategies and evaluate their profitability expectations before deploying them in live trading.
Allows For Quick Entry
Forex is a fast-paced market where every second counts. The speed at which a trade is executed can make the difference between winning and losing. Automated trading systems offer a significant advantage by improving entry speed.
While human reactions are subject to delays, forex robots can act instantaneously. This allows them to capitalise on market opportunities that manual traders might have otherwise missed.
Ability To Spot And Seize Limitless Opportunities
In the trading world, keeping an eye on several markets is crucial for spotting lucrative chances. Yet, when it comes to simultaneously monitoring several markets, individuals need more ability. By enabling traders to keep an eye on many markets at once, automated trading provides a solution to this issue.
Even while machines have hardware limits, they are still much more capable than the average trader. Automatic trading systems can monitor several markets and analyse enormous volumes of data in real-time, allowing them to spot successful trade setups and seize opportunities.
Even though auto trading forex offers so many benefits for traders, there is one drawback that one must consider before starting auto trading.
Needs Technical Knowledge To Set Up The Software
An in-depth knowledge of trading principles and programming skills are necessary for developing, testing, and setting up an automated forex trading system.
To create and apply a good trading algorithm, a person must have the relevant information unless they employ a black box system or trade copier. The erroneous programming that results from ignorance can cause large financial losses.
How Does Automated Trading Work In MT4 And MT5
MT4 and MT5 platforms have made automated trading more accessible than ever. These platforms offer a wide range of tools and features that enable traders to build, test and execute their own automated trading strategies.
The ability to benefit from market opportunities in real-time, even when traders cannot monitor the market, is one of the main benefits of automated trading on MT4 and MT5. Traders can maximise trading opportunities by using automated systems designed to assess market data and execute transactions following predetermined criteria.
Moreover, traders can better control risks while doing automated trading on MT4 and MT5. These platforms allow automated systems to be programmed to set stop-loss orders depending on the trader’s portfolio, which allows auto traders to make informed trading choices that are consistent with the trader’s trading strategy. This can assist traders in maintaining discipline and preventing irrational or biased choices that could result in losses.
Also, MT4 and MT5 platforms have access to a sizable pool of liquidity, which can make it simpler to carry out deals swiftly and at reasonable costs. This is particularly crucial for traders who depend on quick execution to profit from market fluctuations.
It goes without saying that having some knowledge and technical proficiency is necessary to build up an automated trading system on MT4 and MT5. In addition to having access to dependable technology and a steady internet connection, traders also require a firm grasp of programming and trading ideas.
Can there be mechanical failures in automated systems?
Automated trading systems are nevertheless susceptible to mechanical errors despite their many advantages. Software needs maintenance to function at its best. Therefore, automated trading systems must be periodically supervised to identify and resolve any technological flaws.
Do I need dedicated software for automated trading?
A specialised hardware setup is necessary for automated trading systems to operate well. Using these systems on a typical computer may cause latency problems, resulting in missed or lost transactions.
Can I use VPS for automated trading?
It’s quite useful to employ a dependable Virtual Private Server (VPS) to guarantee connection stability and quick execution around the clock.
A Complete Guide To Copy Trading Forex & Crypto CFDs
Copy trading is a revolutionary option that has been gaining popularity since its inception in the late 2000s. Its appeal lies in its ease of use, making it a great choice for novice and seasoned traders. While copy trading strategy is most frequently used on the Forex market, it may also be used on other markets like equities and cryptocurrencies. Today, we will explain online copy trading, the several ways to replicate deals, and whether or not this novel trading strategy is profitable.
What is Copy Trading?
Copy trading is a revolutionary concept in the world of trading that has changed how people invest in financial markets. With a copy trading platform, traders can use their own experience and knowledge to make trades. Instead, they can copy the trades of more experienced investors, allowing them to profit from their knowledge and success.
It’s the best choice for less seasoned traders who lack the expertise or abilities to assess the markets independently. They can pick up tips from more seasoned traders and use such strategies in their own trading plans.
It involves duplicating the trades made by a pro trader, and since investors may put money into certain traders rather than specific assets, the method is sometimes referred to as a people-based kind of investment.
It’s crucial to remember that copy trading has its own set of benefits and dangers. Like with any investment, there is always a chance of losing money, even while it can be a great method to make money. Also, traders must be careful when selecting their copy trading platform and copy trader, ensuring they are both licenced and reputable.
Basics of Copy Trading
By enabling less experienced traders to benefit from the knowledge and experience of more seasoned investors, copy trading has changed the world of trading. These traders might rely on the abilities of a more experienced professional trader because they need more time to keep up with the market themselves. Copy trading is frequently utilised in swing and day trading methods and is typically geared towards short-term trading. The cryptocurrency and forex markets are where the practice is most prevalent.
In copy trading, the trader whose trades are copied is compensated with a fixed fee or a share of the profits generated by the accounts that follow him. A copier, follower or a subscriber is a trader who copies other traders’ trades. Originally, copy trading was done manually by traders who would manually execute the exact orders as the copy pro trader they were copying their trades from. The trades are executed on the copied account after obtaining indications from signal providers. Read More
Nowadays, copy trading forex is mostly an automated procedure in which traders subscribe to the strategies of other traders blindly and replicate their actions, including starting positions, setting stop-loss and profit-taking goals, and exiting positions. With the popularity of copy trade forex, it is simpler than ever for traders to enter the market and possibly profit. It is crucial to remember that copy trading also contains risks, such as the possibility of losses and the requirement to choose the traders to mimic carefully. Before engaging in copy trading, like with other kinds of trading, it is crucial to do your homework and use caution.
How to Copy Trade?
Copy trading is an exciting way to participate in the markets, but it’s crucial to approach it with a well-thought-out strategy. Make sure to select a reputable platform that is well-regulated, has a history of providing a positive copy trading experience, and is available for forex trading when choosing a platform for copy trading.
Choose a trader who shares your investment objectives and risk tolerance. You can follow a trader with a track record of generating reliable returns or one who has generated more gains.
Always keep in mind that there is risk involved with using someone else’s trading technique, so start with a modest portion of your available funds.
The two primary methods for copying trades are manual and automated. You must carefully monitor the trader’s activities during manual copy trading and manually place identical transactions. In automated trading, however, you may choose a trader to copy, and the platform will automatically replicate their trades into your account.
Whatever approach you decide on, it’s critical to attentively watch your trades and keep an eye on the market.
Is Copy Trading Profitable?
Copy trading can be profitable, but it’s not a guaranteed way to make money. Everything relies on the trader’s approach that is being imitated and the state of the market at the moment. The ability of less experienced traders to experience the markets without spending time and energy learning how to trade is one of the main benefits of copy trading. By mimicking their moves, they may gain from other traders’ expertise and knowledge.
You must remember that no trader can guarantee a profit and that losses are also possible. It is the responsibility of the copy trader to select the copy target properly and to control risk by establishing stop-loss and take-profit levels.
Several platforms now include risk management tools to assist copy traders in managing their assets.
Copy traders should seek out traders with a demonstrated history of long-term success to boost their chances of profitability. Also, it’s crucial to diversify by imitating several traders with various trading methods and strategies. Copy traders may diversify their risk and profit from various market circumstances.
Also, if copy trading is done properly and deliberately, it may be beneficial. It’s definitely not a way to get rich quickly; rather, it’s a tool for traders to benefit from and learn from the experience of others.
Copy Trading Forex and Crypto
The popularity of copy trading in the forex and cryptocurrency markets has skyrocketed recently. Forex copy trading includes traders replicating the trades of more seasoned traders on the forex market, whereas cryptocurrency copy trading is a similar technique in cryptocurrency.
Many traders choose forex copy trading since it is possible to use the specialist software brokers provide. These tools make it possible for less experienced traders to copy the trading strategies of more seasoned traders, improving their chances of success. The Forex market is the world’s biggest and most liquid market, making crypto copy trading a viable choice.
The rising acceptance of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ripple has boosted cryptocurrency copy trade. Traders may follow and copy the trades of seasoned traders specialising in trading cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin. On the other hand, the crypto market is quite unpredictable and volatile, making it a high-risk investment.
Copy Trading Methods
Traders now have more options when deciding how to copy other traders.
The simplicity of automated copy trading has helped it become quite popular in recent years.
With automated copy trading, users only need to choose a trader to follow, and the copy trading software will automatically replicate their trades. New traders who lack the information or experience to make their own trading decisions will find this strategy to be very intriguing. Automated copy trading still entails risks; therefore, traders should carefully examine their level of comfort with risk and establish the right risk limits.
On the other hand, manual copy trading involves a more hands-on approach. The trades must be manually executed by the seasoned trader who is being followed; however, using this system, traders receive alerts of trades made by the trader they follow. While using this strategy will take more time, traders will also have more control over their trades. However, traders must move swiftly to execute the trades since market circumstances can change quickly.
Both automatic and manual copy trading strategies have benefits and drawbacks, and each trader must determine which strategy works best for them. Eventually, choosing the most suitable traders to imitate, establishing the right risk limits, and carefully maintaining one’s own portfolio are the keys to effective copy trading.
- Is Copy Trading Legal?
Copy trading is legal, but it’s vital to remember that laws might change from nation to nation. Copy trading may be categorised in some jurisdictions as a type of portfolio management or investment advice and, as such, be subject to particular regulatory obligations.
- Can I Make Money With Copy Trading?
Copy trading can have great profit potential but comes with risks. The success of copy trading mostly depends on the trader you decide to imitate and your personal risk-management techniques. It is crucial to remember that even experienced traders can make errors and lose money, so there is no assurance of success.
- Can I Copy Trade With a Small Account?
Yes, copy trading platforms frequently let users open accounts with modest balances. Before investing, it’s crucial to weigh the potential risks of copy trading and ensure you’re comfortable with the risk level. Another crucial point is that some traders might have minimum investment requirements for their copy trading services.
The Ultimate Guide to Setting Up Your MetaTrader 4 Trading Account
MetaTrader 4 or MT4 is one of the first names that you hear while exploring the forex market as a trader. With over 10 million users worldwide, MT4 is still popular for traders in the dynamic forex market. With its intuitive user interface, advanced charting capabilities, and automated trading options, MT4 has become the go-to choice for traders looking to enhance their trading experience. However, setting up an MT4 trading account can be daunting for beginners, and even experienced traders can need help with the process. This guide will walk you through setting up an MT4 trading account and provide tips to optimise your account settings to maximise your trading potential.
What Is Metatrader (MT4)?
MetaTrader 4, commonly known as MT4, is a popular electronic trading platform retail forex traders use worldwide. Developed by MetaQuotes Software, it was first released in 2005 and quickly became one of the most widely used platforms in the forex industry.
MT4 provides traders with a comprehensive set of tools for technical analysis, including customisable charts, a range of indicators, and the ability to create and test automated trading strategies using its built-in programming language, MQL4. The platform also offers a wide range of order types, including market, limit, stop-loss, and trailing stop orders, which allows forex traders to manage their trades through a single interface.
One of the key features of MT4 is its ability to support trading through multiple brokers. MT4 also supports mobile trading, allowing traders to access the platform and their accounts on the go using their smartphones and tablets. Check out the best forex commission calculator here.
Another popular feature of MT4 is the ability to use Expert Advisors (EAs) to automate trading strategies. EAs are programs traders can create or purchase that automatically execute trades based on pre-set conditions. This allows traders to backtest and optimise their strategies before deploying them in the live market and can help to remove emotion and bias from trading decisions.
Overall, MT4 is a powerful and flexible trading platform that has become a standard in the forex industry. Its extensive range of features and ability to customise and automate trading strategies have made it a popular choice for novice and experienced traders. Read More
How To Set Up An Account On MT4?
Setting Up An Account On MT4 (MetaTrader 4) Involves The Following Steps:
- Choose a broker: MT4 is a trading platform that needs to be connected to a broker to access the financial markets. You need to choose a broker that supports MT4 and offers the financial instruments you want to trade.
- Download the MT4 platform: Once you have selected a broker, you need to download the MT4 platform. You can download it from the broker’s website, and it is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
- Install the platform: After downloading the platform, you need to install it on your device. The installation process is straightforward; you just need to follow the prompts.
- Create an account: When you launch the MT4 platform, you will see a login window. If you do not have an account, click “File” in the top menu, then “Open an Account.” A new window will appear, and you can select “New Demo Account” or “New Real Account.”
- Fill in the registration form: You need to fill in the registration form with your personal information, including your name, email address, phone number, and address. You also need to select your account type and leverage.
- Verify your identity: Some brokers require you to verify your identity before you can start trading. You may need to submit a copy of your ID or passport and proof of address.
- Fund your account: Once it is set up and verified, you must fund it with capital to start trading. The funding methods may vary depending on the broker, including bank transfers, credit cards, or e-wallets.
- Login and start trading: After you have funded your account, you can log in to the MT4 platform and start trading. The platform offers several tools and features, including charts, indicators, and expert advisors, to help you analyse the markets and make the right trading decisions.
Which Instruments Can Be Traded On MT4?
- Forex: The primary asset class available on MT4 is Forex. MT4 allows traders to trade a wide range of currency pairs such as EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, etc.
- CFDs: Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are also available on MT4. Traders can trade CFDs on commodities like gold, silver, and crude oil. CFDs on indices such as the S&P 500, Dow Jones, and FTSE 100 are also available.
- Stocks: Stocks are another asset class that can be traded on MT4. Traders can trade stocks from various global exchanges, including NYSE, NASDAQ, etc.
- Futures: Futures are also available on MT4, and traders can trade futures contracts on commodities like crude oil, natural gas, and precious metals.
- Options: Some brokers also offer options trading on MT4. Traders can trade options on stocks, indices, and commodities.
- Cryptocurrencies: With the increasing popularity of cryptocurrencies, some brokers now offer trading in cryptocurrencies on MT4. Traders can trade cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc.
Features of MT4
- Charting: MT4 offers an extensive range of charting tools, including customisable chart types, 21 timeframes, 38 built-in technical indicators, and 44 graphical objects.
- Trading Tools: MT4 provides traders with advanced tools such as automated trading systems, algorithmic trading, and real-time quotes.
- Multi-Language Support: MT4 is available in several languages, making it accessible to traders worldwide.
- Security: MT4 uses 128-bit SSL encryption to secure all transactions and data, providing a high level of security for traders.
- Expert Advisors: MT4 allows traders to create and use Expert Advisors (EAs), automated trading systems that execute trades based on pre-set rules.
- Backtesting: MT4 allows traders to backtest trading strategies using historical data to determine their effectiveness before using them in live trading.
- Communication: MT4 provides traders with real-time communication tools like email, chat, and alerts to stay informed about market changes and news.
- Mobile Trading: MT4 is available on mobile devices, allowing traders to access their accounts and trade.
- User-Friendly Interface: MT4 has a user-friendly interface, making it easy for traders of all levels to navigate and use the platform effectively.
- Community: MT4 has a large community of traders who share trading strategies, offer support, and provide insights into the market, making it an excellent resource for traders to learn and grow.
How To Install MT4 Indicators?
Installing Additional MT4 Indicators Involves The Following Steps:
- Download the indicator: Search for the MT4 indicator you want to install and download it. You can find many indicators on various websites and forums.
- Open the MT4 platform: After downloading the indicator, open the MT4 platform on your computer.
- Open the data folder: Then click the ‘Open Data Folder’ option by going to the File menu on MT4.
- Open the MQL4 folder: In the data folder, locate the “MQL4” folder and open it.
- Open the indicators folder: In the MQL4 folder, locate the “Indicators” folder and open it.
- Copy the indicator file: Copy the downloaded MT4 indicator file from the folder where it was saved and paste it into the “Indicators” folder.
- Restart the MT4 platform: Close and restart the MT4 platform for the indicator to be recognised and appear in the navigator window.
- Locate the indicator: In the MT4 platform, locate the “Navigator” window and scroll down to “Indicators.”
- Add the indicator to the chart: Drag and drop it from the “Navigator” window onto the chart you want to use.
- Customise the indicator settings: Once the indicator is on the chart, you can customise it to suit your trading strategy.
Note: Some indicators may require additional files or software to be installed. Always read the installation instructions with the indicator to ensure a successful installation.
- Can anyone trade on MT4?
Yes, anyone can trade on MT4. However, you need access to a trading account with a broker supporting the MT4 platform.
- Is MT4 the best trading platform?
The best trading platform is subjective and depends on personal preference and individual trading needs. While MT4 is a popular choice among traders, other platforms may suit your needs better.
- What are some common mistakes that beginners make when using MT4?
One common mistake beginner traders make is overcomplicating their trading strategy by using too many indicators or trading multiple instruments simultaneously. Avoiding emotional trading and sticking to your trading plan is also important.
- How can I improve my trading skills on MT4?
To improve your trading skills, it’s important to educate yourself on the markets and trading strategies. You can read books, take courses and practice trading on a demo account forex before using real money.
What Is White Label Forex? What Are Its Benefits & Drawbacks
The forex white label programme is an excellent choice for business owners or organisations wanting to enter the brokerage business. The benefits of the white label Forex program are numerous and far-reaching. By opting for the white label route, you can save significant time and money. It allows you to swiftly launch your company by utilising current technology and infrastructure rather than creating a trading platform from afresh.
What Is White Label Forex?
The white label programme is a brokerage solution allowing you to purchase a pre-made trading platform and back-office panel customised to your business. This implies that you alter the platform’s look and feel, add your brand logo, and provide your customers with a special user experience.
In addition to branding, the white label programme offers necessary components, including client management, exposure management, trading instrument setup, and leverage settings. With the help of these tools, you can control your customers’ trading activity, manage their portfolios, and keep an eye on their performance in real-time.
Moreover, the white label programme occasionally also comes with a liquidity arrangement. As a result, you will have access to a pool of liquidity providers that will give you the funds you need to execute transactions on behalf of your clients. By leveraging the white label program, entrepreneurs can establish themselves in the Forex market more quickly and effectively while minimising risk and maximising their chances of success. Read More
Benefits Of The White Label Forex:
Because of the fierce competition in the forex market, it might be difficult for new players to establish themselves and gain market share. The white label Forex programme, which has several advantages for companies of all kinds, is one answer to these problems. So, let’s look at the advantages of white label forex:
- The most significant advantage of white label forex programme is cost reductions. The development costs and time to market for new businesses can be significantly lowered by integrating an existing trading platform and back office infrastructure. Small and medium-sized businesses, who might need more means or knowledge to create their own trading platform from the start, may find this very helpful.
- The ability to develop a unique brand identity is another big advantage of the white label Forex software. Businesses may create a unique identity that distinguishes them from competitors by personalising the platform with their own logo and branding components. In the long run, brand loyalty and attracting new clients are essential for success in the forex market.
- The white label Forex programme offers its partners ongoing support and maintenance, cost savings, and branding chances. This may be especially helpful for newcomers to the market who might need more skills or knowledge to handle sophisticated technological challenges on their own.
- Businesses may have access to various resources and support services through a partnership with a reputable white label brokerage platform, including guidance on the best solutions for their particular needs and assistance in resolving issues.
Drawbacks Of White Label Forex
The white label Forex programme also has certain disadvantages, so weighing them before choosing to utilise this method is crucial.
- The cost of operating the platform is one of the main disadvantages of the white label Forex software. Creating a trading platform from scratch might be expensive, but white label companies’ fees can also mount up over time. This includes flat-rate and volume-based fees, reducing earnings and making it more difficult for new brokers to get a foothold in the market.
- Another potential drawback of the white label CFD programme is the lack of control over the trading platform. Although providers will adjust the platform to the broker’s needs, there needs to be assurance that it will meet the broker’s or their target clients’ expectations. If the platform functions differently than planned, this may cause annoyance and dissatisfaction and, perhaps, the loss of customers.
- Another factor to consider is the dependence on the platform’s owner. White label brokers could be charged extra for these services because the trading platform needs constant upgrades and upkeep. This may be excessive and bothersome, especially if the provider is uncooperative or needs to offer adequate assistance.
Now that you know the pros and cons of a white label solution, it is worth noting that the benefits and drawbacks can vary depending on the provider. While some providers may offer excellent support and customisation options, others may be less reliable or provide a platform that does not meet the broker’s or clients’ needs. As such, it is important for entrepreneurs to thoroughly research potential providers and weigh the pros and cons before committing to a white label solution.
What Features Should A White Label Trading Platform Have?
A top-notch trading platform that accommodates white label forex brokers’ and their clients’ demands are crucial for success in the cutthroat Forex industry. The platform provider should supply several essential characteristics when looking at a white label in the forex solution.
- The provider must, above all, deliver first-rate customer service. This involves responding quickly and effectively to suggestions and issues. The need for excellent technical assistance has grown in recent years due to the growth in client expectations. Choose service providers who offer 24/7 assistance and dedicated customer managers.
- The trading platform should be regularly updated and developed to meet evolving client demands and security standards. Look for reputable software companies that frequently implement hotfixes and add new features to their platform. It is also important to update the platform to work flawlessly on the latest operating systems.
What Distinguishes Fully Customised Forex Solutions From White Label Forex?
White label forex broker solutions are pre-built systems that brokers may brand but do not allow for complete customisation. On the other hand, fully customised forex solutions are made-to-measure solutions designed from the bottom up to match the unique demands of a broker. While fully customised solutions offer greater flexibility and control over the platform’s features and functionalities, forex white label solutions can be cost-effective for those looking to launch their own trading brokerage.
Is It Possible To Use My Own Liquidity Providers With A White Label Forex Brokerage Solution?
It’s true that a lot of white label forex solutions let brokers incorporate their own liquidity providers. Those wishing to provide competitive pricing and accelerate trade execution may find this advantageous. However, the forex white label platform must enable third-party integration, and the liquidity providers must adhere to all applicable regulations.
What Assistance Can I Expect From An Fx White Label Platform Provider?
A white label forex platform provider’s degree of assistance might differ. The most important factor in choosing a supplier is if they give full support, including technical help, marketing support, and frequent upgrades and maintenance. To assist brokers enhance their trading techniques and draw in more clients, certain providers could also give training and educational tools. While comparing various platform providers, carefully enquire about the quality of help they provide and check broker reviews to see how satisfied they are with the service.
Understanding PAMM/MAM Accounts – Similarities As Well As Differences
Managed forex accounts provide a practical, affordable method to engage in the fascinating and dynamic world of currency trading. Whether you are an individual investor trying to diversify your portfolio or a money manager wishing to expand your investment options, managed forex accounts assist you in achieving your objectives and maximising your results. Let’s explore the subject further to learn more about managed accounts.
What Are Managed Forex Accounts?
Managed accounts are a popular choice for investors who want exposure to the foreign exchange market but don’t want to invest much time and energy in currency research and trading. As the name suggests, these are trading accounts managed by a professional trader. Investors may gain from the knowledge and experience of someone who has spent years evaluating market patterns, assessing economic data, and placing trades by hiring a professional money manager.
The biggest perk of managed accounts is that they benefit both the investor and the manager. The accounts may be tailored to each investor’s unique requirements and preferences. While developing a customised investment plan, money managers can work with clients to assess their risk tolerance, investment objectives, and time horizon.
This is great for those wishing to include a currency component in their portfolio but needing more specialist foreign exchange trading skills. These investors may gain exposure to the currency markets without bearing the risk and complexity of trading themselves by giving this task to a qualified forex manager. On the other hand, money managers can earn additional income by managing other traders’ accounts.
What Is MAM
The MAM account is a unique master trading account that enables traders to handle several accounts simultaneously. It is the perfect option for individuals looking to organise their trading processes and effectively manage several portfolios.
Unlike other managed accounts, MAM account forex has set lot allocations, allowing money managers to sub-allocate transactions in a way that suits their preferences. This offers more flexibility and enables investors to customise their investments based on their accounts’ size and risk tolerance. Moreover, MAM accounts provide investors total control over their trading activity, enabling them to change or stop trades whenever they choose.
What Is PAMM
PAMM accounts have revolutionised the way investors approach managed accounts, offering a unique solution for those looking to diversify their trading capital and minimise risk. Percentage
Allocation Money Management, or PAMM, enables investors to designate a portion of their trading money to duplicate trades from a master account.
In contrast to other managed account types, forex PAMM accounts allow investors to select from various trader accounts, each with its trading strategy and risk profile. This allows investors to successfully hedge against any performance issues resulting from losses in particular master trading accounts by allocating various percentages of their trading money to various trading systems. One of the key advantages of PAMM accounts is that they allow investors to pool their funds together, leading to lower transaction costs and greater trading power.
Difference Between MAM & PAMM
MAM (Multi-Account Manager) and PAMM (Percentage Allocation Money Management) accounts are two popular types of managed accounts that offer unique solutions for investors and traders. Although traders may manage many accounts at once with MAM and PAMM accounts, investors should be aware of some significant variations between these two types of accounts.
- How MAM and PAMM accounts manage the distribution of funds is one of the key distinctions between them. Traders can assign fixed lot sizes to various accounts using MAM forex accounts, whilst investors can assign a portion of their capital to a certain trader or trading strategy using PAMM accounts. As investors may change their allocations to various trading methods following their performance, PAMM accounts provide greater flexibility in terms of risk management.
- The degree of control investors have over their accounts is another significant difference between MAM and PAMM accounts. Investors have little control over the trades conducted on their behalf while using MAM accounts since traders have complete control over their accounts. In contrast, investors have more control over their accounts and may change or cancel transactions whenever they choose with PAMM forex accounts. Because of this, PAMM accounts are a better choice for investors who desire more sway over their trading activity.
- Another important factor to consider when comparing MAM and PAMM accounts is their level of transparency. MAM accounts offer higher levels of transparency, as traders can monitor their accounts in real-time and receive regular reports on their performance. PAMM accounts, on the other hand, may offer less transparency, as investors may need more visibility into the specific trades being executed on their behalf.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Managed Accounts
The Advantages Of Managed Accounts Are As Follows:
- The foreign currency market offers many options for profitable trades in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment. For new traders who are still getting to know the ins and outs of the forex market, keeping up with the market and spotting the greatest trading opportunities may take a lot of work. Here’s where managed FX accounts come into play. Investors may benefit from the 24/5 market cycle and harness the enormous potential of the forex market by hiring a professional money manager instead of devoting all of their time and resources to trading. Investors can concentrate on other areas of their lives while continuing to gain from the possible gains that the forex market might provide.
- Investors may learn a lot about forex trading and investing methods by working with a professional money manager. The knowledge and experience of seasoned managers may be invaluable in helping investors build their portfolios and make educated decisions.
- Managed FX accounts allow investors to manage their holdings and choose when to buy or sell. Setting a stop loss level, which tells the pamm or forex mam brokers to cease replicating the trader’s transactions on your account if the account falls below a specific level, is one of the fundamental components of the PAMM method. This guarantees that your investment won’t be lost and protects your cash during drawdowns. Investors may minimise risks and increase possible gains in the forex market by exercising this degree of control.
- The fact that investors just need to deposit money with the broker is another fantastic feature of FX-managed funds. The fund manager shouldn’t ask that money be transferred to a private bank account. This is so that the PAMM/LAMM/MAM systems, which rely on a letter of power of attorney, can allow the trader to trade on your behalf but not to withdraw or move your money. By adhering to these rules, investors may guarantee the safety and security of their assets in the forex market.
While Managed Accounts Can Be Beneficial, There Are Also Some Drawbacks.
- You might have less control over your investments than you would want, which is one of the drawbacks. This could cause you to feel frustrated or anxious. Also, you might develop a different competence and understanding in forex trading than you would if you did it yourself.
- Depending on the terms of the contract, you can be subject to limitations on how much money you can access or withdraw after investing it in a managed FX account. When you withdraw your money before a particular amount of time has passed, fines or fees can be attached. Also, the performance fees levied by management companies might diminish your overall return on investment and chip away at your earnings. When investing in a managed FX account, it is crucial to weigh these points carefully.
What is a managed FX trading account?
A managed forex trading account is an investment account that is managed on behalf of the investor by a professional trader or group of traders. The account manager charges a performance fee for their services and can make trading choices on the investor’s behalf.
What is the process for managing an account in Forex?
When you opt for a managed forex trading account, your invested capital will be traded by an account manager who trades other investors’ capital, buying and selling currencies. They are authorised to exercise discretion over the funds, making all the decisions without consulting you before trading. Typically, they will levy a performance fee, which implies that they will only receive a payment if they generate profits for you.
How can I deposit money into my managed forex account?
You can fund your MAM PAMM account by depositing money into your brokerage account. This can be done by providing your credit card information through any payment options. Based on your broker, the funds will be available in about 2-5 business days.
A Beginner’s Guide to Islamic Forex Accounts
The first and foremost requirement for attaining profitable results in trading has the most suitable and favourable trading conditions to carry out the process easily. You won’t be able to get the desired outcome unless you get to trade with the most favourable conditions on your account. Every trader may have different requirements for the trading conditions that they would prefer on a personal level. Hence, forex brokers provide different types of trading accounts as options to their users, and traders can choose the perfect match for them. Islamic forex accounts are also one popular account used by Muslim traders worldwide.
Let’s learn more about Islamic forex accounts in this comprehensive beginner’s guide that promises to answer all your doubts and queries about Islamic forex trading.
What Is An Islamic Forex Account?
An Islamic Forex account, also known as a swap-free account, is a type of forex account designed for Muslim traders who wish to participate in currency trading while adhering to Islamic principles. According to Islamic law, or Shariah law, charging or paying interest, or “riba,” is strictly prohibited. This is because interest is seen as exploitative and contrary to the Islamic concept of fairness and justice.
In the case of a normal or regular forex trading account, swap rates or rollover fees will be charged at a specific time at night, which is decided by the broker you trade with. The trader will pay the swap for long trade positions, and the broker will pay the swap for short positions to the trader. This means that you will be earning the interest instead of paying it. But the incidence of interest, both as a payer and a payee, is a major sin per Islamic finance principles. Therefore, no interest is charged or paid on positions held overnight in an Islamic forex account.
Instead, in Islamic forex accounts, the trader pays a fixed fee, which is predetermined when the account is opened. This fee is usually higher than the interest rates charged in conventional forex accounts. The service fee allows the broker to make money while still adhering to the Islamic principles of fairness and justice. The fee to compensate for the loss of swap or interest charges is also called an administrative fee. It is charged regardless of whether the position held overnight is profitable.
This fee will differ for different trading instruments and change based on the duration a trade position is kept open overnight. This type of fee is permissible as it is not a form of interest. Basically, a Muslim trader using a regular trading account will have to close all their positions before night to avoid riba. But for, Islamic forex accounts can freely open trades longer without worrying about violating the Shariah law.
How To Open An Islamic Forex Account?
- Find A Reputable Broker: The first step to opening an Islamic forex account is to find a reputable broker that offers such accounts. They are also known as Islamic forex brokers or halal forex brokers. Many top-tier forex brokers offer Islamic trading accounts, but it’s important to do your due diligence and research the broker thoroughly to ensure they are trustworthy and reliable.
- Provide Required Documentation: Once you have selected a broker, you will need to provide the required documentation to open an account. This may include a copy of your ID, address, and income proof. The broker may also require additional documents to comply with regulations.
- Request An Islamic Account: After verifying your documentation, you can request an Islamic forex account from your broker. The broker may require additional information about your religious beliefs and practices to ensure you qualify for an Islamic account. Once approved, you can trade in forex markets without paying or receiving any interest, in compliance with Shariah law.
How Do Trading Conditions Differ In An Islamic Forex Account?
- Interest-free Trading: In an Islamic Forex account, trading conditions are designed to comply with the principles of Islamic finance. Thus, interest-free trading is a key feature. Forex trading typically involves paying or receiving interest on positions held overnight, but such interest is not applied in Islamic Forex accounts. They have made the accounts swap-free by adding a fixed fee to make up for the cost of maintaining a position without a swap.
- Halal Trading: In an Islamic Forex account, trading is considered Halal, meaning it is permissible under Islamic law. This is because the trading conditions are designed to comply with the principles of Islamic finance.
- No Hidden Charges: Islamic Forex accounts usually do not have any hidden charges. All charges and fees are clearly stated upfront, so traders know what they are paying for.
- Compliance With Islamic Finance Principles: Islamic Forex accounts are designed to comply with the principles of Islamic finance. This includes ensuring that all trading activities are based on ethical and moral principles and that all transactions are transparent and fair.
What Can I Trade With An Islamic Account?
The Halal forex brokers usually offer a variety of trading instruments for different asset classes, including forex and other CFDs for stocks, crypto, commodities etc. You can trade several major and minor currency pairs for forex, but some brokers may restrict trading with exotic currency pairs. Because exotic currency pairs tend to be too volatile and risky and may not align with the principles of Islamic finance as the rules imply staying away from financial activities which involve excessive risk or uncertainty. So, you must check with your broker to know which instruments can be traded on their forex demo accounts.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Islamic Accounts
- Compliance with Sharia Law: Islamic forex accounts are designed to comply with Islamic Sharia law, which prohibits interest-based transactions. These accounts do not charge interest or swap fees, ensuring the trades are Sharia-compliant.
- No Riba (Interest): In Islamic forex accounts, no interest is charged or paid on overnight trades. This eliminates the element of riba (interest) that is prohibited by Islamic law.
- No Time Limitations: With Islamic forex accounts, traders can hold their positions unlimitedly without incurring any rollover fees. This is because Islamic accounts do not charge any swap fees.
- Transparency: Islamic forex accounts are transparent, and traders can be confident that their trades are being executed in compliance with Islamic Sharia law.
- Access to Markets: Islamic forex accounts allow Muslim traders to participate in the forex market without violating their religious beliefs.
- Added Fees: Islamic forex accounts often have added fees compared to regular forex accounts. This is because brokers offering Islamic accounts must compensate for the lack of swap fees.
- Limited Availability: Not all forex brokers offer Islamic forex accounts. This limits the options available to Muslim traders who wish to trade in compliance with Islamic Sharia law.
- Limited Trading Strategies: Islamic forex accounts may limit the types of trading strategies that traders can employ. This is because certain strategies like carry trading involve interest-based transactions that are not Sharia-compliant.
- Higher Initial Deposit: Some brokers may require a higher initial deposit to open an Islamic forex account than a regular one.
In conclusion, opening an Islamic forex account is suitable for Muslim traders who want to engage in forex trading while adhering to their religious beliefs. With an Islamic forex account, traders can avoid interest-based transactions and ensure their trades comply with Shariah law. However, it is important to choose a reputable broker who offers genuine Islamic accounts and to carefully review the terms and conditions before opening an account. With proper research and understanding of the principles of Islamic finance, traders can effectively participate in the forex market while staying true to their religious values.
Beginner’s Guide to MT5 Trading
Each and every person with an interest in trading must have heard about the MetaTrader platform. MetaTrader 4 and Metatrader 5 happen to be the most widely used trading platforms on a global level. MetaTrader 5 or MT5 is the advanced successor of the classic MT4 trading platform. The developers of MT5 have done their best to ensure that each and every trader transitioning to the MT5 platform gets a better and superior trading experience. But they also have retained the simplicity and user friendliness of the former version as that made the MetaTrader suite a popular choice among traders in the first place. With this article, you will get a complete beginner’s guide to MT5 trading as we will be drawing a one-on-one comparison between MT4 and MT5, the process of downloading and using MT5, advantages, downsides, adding indicators and trading on MT5.
How to Start Trading with MetaTrader 5 (MT5)?
The first step to start trading with MT5 is opening an MT5 account. For first time users, it is better to practise with a demo account first before getting into actual trading. You can choose to make an account on MT5 directly without a broker for demo trading but a broker is a must when you move forward with live trading. So, it is recommended you opt for a broker of your choice even for demo trading as it will be good to test the trading conditions beforehand. You just have to find a suitable broker who offers MT5 for trading and will be able to download the MT5 version integrated with the broker platform. You can request for login credentials from the broker and can easily log in to your MetaTrader 5 demo account.
Once you download and login to the platform, you can see the intuitive interface loaded with all essential trading tools which can be easily accessed with the main menu bar. You will see tabs like file, view, insert, charts, option, and help. You are free to customise and personalise your trading environment as per your preference. There are certain shortcuts in MT4 & MT5, which make trading a whole lot easier. . You are free to customise and personalise your trading environment as per your preference. Take your time and experiment with all tools until you get used to the advanced trading terminal. You can also see a built-in toolbar right below the main menu where you will find duplicate commands and functions for the main menu which can also be customised as and when needed. You can easily change the chart types, time frames and more for your convenience.
Coming to the chart, you can see the market watch on the left side where prices of all your chosen trading instruments will be displayed. You can also see some other details such as contract specifications on this section. One important feature you can access here is the one-click trading option. Right below the chart, you can see a toolbox to keep track of all your open positions, pending orders and more. You can cancel or modify the orders from here itself. This multi-functional window will also give you some other useful information which might come handy for trading. This includes account history, alerts, news, internal mailbox, expert journals and more. Read in article more about metatrader 4 download.
Placing an order on MT5 is just as easy. Go to the market watch window and right click on the financial instrument that you have chosen for trading. Select the new order and then specify the order type and fill in all the information that is required. Then your order will be placed once you click ‘place’. The simplicity is still there which is what makes MT5 appealing to newbie traders.
MetaTrader 5 Vs MetaTrader 4
Like mentioned before, MetaTrader 5 is an upgraded version of the MetaTrader 4 trading platform. A comparison of MT5 and MT4 will be essential to understand why MT5 can be better for you as a trader and how it differs from its predecessor.
- MT4 is often considered as a primary forex trading platform whereas MT5 was introduced as a multi-asset trading platform for forex, stocks, indices, crypto and more.
- MT4 has 30 in-built indicators, whereas MT5 has 38 indicators.
- MT4 has 31 graphical objects but MT5 has 44.
- The number of timeframes in MT4 is limited to nine, meanwhile MT5 has 21 timeframes. ‘
- MT4 offers 2 market orders and 4 pending order types. MT5 has 2 market orders, 6 pending orders and also offers stop orders in addition.
- MT4 is still the most widely used platform in comparison to MT5. Most brokers will be providing an MT4 integrated trading platform for clients but brokers who provide MT5 functionality are less in number.
- MT4 is still very popular and used by novice and experienced traders alike. It is quite an apt choice for a traditional trader. Whereas, advanced traders prefer MT5 due to its larger fleet of tools and a solid UI.
So, based on the comparison one can conclude that MT5 is a perfect match for a modern trader as it comes with many advanced tools and additional features that are not there in MT4. But an old school trader may still prefer MT4 due to its basic design and limited set of tools.Read More
Advantages of Trading on MT5
- The upgrades have made MT5 more user-friendly with a modern layout, intuitive design and it has kept the simplicity intact.
- Many new features such as economic calendars are integrated to the MT5 trading platform.
- You can customise the units of measurement and time which is something new.
- The index charts also contain a brief history of automated orders that can be directly viewed.
- You can also see the market history just like an order book.
- MT5 provides a more stable and faster connectivity to servers.
- MT5 as a trading platform is more stable in comparison to MT4.
- Higher speed and accuracy for order execution.
- Hedging is easier on MT5.
- Available on a bunch of different devices and browsers with greater compatibility.
- Users are free to add more tools and custom indicators in addition to the built-in ones.
- Algo trading or automated trading gets better when done with advanced technology of the MT5 trading platform.
Downsides of MT5
- Some of the advanced features and tools need time and practice to get used to and this may be a challenge for beginner traders.
- No longer available on the app store but you can use the web terminal instead which is available on both android and ios devices.
How to Download MT5?
First of all, you will need an operating system or device which is compatible with MT5. MT5 is designed to be compatible with a number of operating systems and devices. Hence, that will not be a problem for most traders. Downloading MT5 from a broker’s site will be easier, as brokers will be giving you a link to the MT5 version integrated with their platform. You can download the setup files for PC and run it for installing the MetaTrader 5. You can also find the MT5 app provided by your broker for mobile trading.
How to Add Indicators on MT5?
You can add custom indicators to your MT5 platform by downloading them from the market tab of the toolbox window. Then, you can find all the downloaded indicators in the installation folder. Indicators will be there on the indicators folder and you can manually install them.
- Download and install MetaTrader 5: Supreme Edition.
- Download indicators from the Market tab of the Toolbox window.
- Manually install the indicators from the Indicators folder in the MetaTrader 5 installation folder.
How to Trade CFDs with MT5?
MetaTrader 5 is a perfect choice for someone who is interested in trading CFDs on forex, crypto, stocks and indices. The multi-asset trading platform allows you to easily navigate through different markets with ease and monitor the prices of different trading instruments through the market watch. You can even place orders directly from the market watch window using the one-click trading option. The charting tools are advanced which makes MT5 a better platform for trading CFDs.
Is the MT5 Trading Platform Free?
Yes, MT5 is completely free and there are no charges applied for demo or live trading. The spreads/commission in case of live trading would depend on the broker you choose.
Can a Beginner Use MT5?
MT5 is very user friendly and intuitive. Even a complete beginner can easily use MT5 if they spend enough time for demo account practice on the advanced trading platform.
Which Broker is Best for MT5 Trading?
Not many brokers offer MT5 at the moment in comparison to MT4 which is offered by almost each and every forex broker. So, if you wish to use MT5 for trading, you can look for brokers who provide it and then choose the best one based on other factors such as regulation and trading conditions offered.
Is MT5 Better Than MT4?
Although many traders still prefer to use MT4 due to its simplicity, MT5 is surely better when it comes to speed and many other aspects.
Learn to Use a Trading Calculator With Ease
Any beginner trying to step into the forex market would get intimidated with the vast amount of knowledge that they are required to learn for becoming a forex trader. This includes many fundamental concepts, technical terms and some basic yet complex calculations.
Calculations are a must for getting the desired outcome in any task. When it comes to forex trading, calculations are crucial as they will determine your trading results in the end. You can do these calculations manually using a regular calculator but that will surely take a lot of time and effort. But a trading calculator can perform these calculations with greater ease and in no time.
What is a Trading Calculator?
A trading calculator is used for performing various calculations that are essential for forex trading. Previously, traders had to perform these calculations manually on their own. And for someone who is not experienced enough in trading, doing all these calculations before every trade can be a tiring task. Also for experienced traders, the chances of errors will increase when there are large figures involved in calculation for fast paced trading. So, keeping these things in mind many brokers started to provide a built-in forex trading calculator on their online platform for users. These online forex calculators are free to use and are a part of the trader’s toolkit as well. This tool can be used to save the time and effort that would be required for doing these calculations manually. Read more detail here nas100 calculator.
How Does a Forex Trading Calculator Work?
A forex trading calculator works by using and applying the same basic mathematical functions but combining them with the technicalities of forex so that a trader gets the results that can be directly applied to his/her trading activity. A trading calculator will be often divided into different calculators to perform specific functions as and when needed. So, when you check the trading tools on your broker’s platform, you will see a bunch of different forex calculators with a brief description about its usage.
This includes position size calculator, lot size calculator, pip calculator, profit calculator , margin calculator and more. Using them is quite simple once you are well-versed with the technical terms. You just need to enter the values and specify the details in the calculator and it will be returning you accurate results instantly.
What Are the Advantages of Forex Trading Calculators?
The first and foremost thing that one has to do for profitable trading is coming up with a well-defined trading plan or strategy. But just planning or devising the perfect strategy is not enough to get the desired results. You will have to pay utmost attention to the execution part, in order to make sure the strategy you chose for trading is being followed with every step you take. Deviating from a strategy or trading plan will also lead to deviation in trading results. Read in article more about commission forex calculator.
The role of a trading calculator is simple yet crucial here. Because the price at which you enter a trade, your exit plan, margin levels and many such details can have a huge impact on your end results. You will be risking your trading capital in the process of trading. Hence, even a small mistake may cost you a lot when it comes to forex trading. As mentioned earlier, manual calculations have greater possibility of errors and such errors can have a negative impact on your trading performance as a whole.
Thus, using a trading calculator one can make sure that they don’t make any mistakes in the calculation part of trading. They can leave the calculation process to the online forex trading calculators and focus on other aspects of trading instead.Read More
Types of Trading Calculators
- Position size calculator/ Lot size calculator
A first time trader in the forex market may find the concept of position sizing confusing at first. Calculation of position sizes can seem like a lot of work for a total beginner. But, position sizing is an important aspect of trading. Determining the optimal position size is also a part of risk management in forex. The trade position you take up will decide how much money you are risking in a trade. So, a trader has to pay a lot of attention into deciding the ideal position size for each trade.And a position size calculator can perform this calculation in no time. It is also referred to as a lot size calculator as the position size in forex will be specified in lots. You can just specify the risk percentage you are comfortable with for a single trade, the type of position, stop loss level and account balance in the position size calculator. And then it will tell you the perfect position size based on the risk level specified by you. Usually the trading calculator returns the value in standard lot number so that you can easily apply it on your trades.
- Pip calculator
Just as the name implies, a pip calculator is used for calculating the pip value of the currency that you wish to trade with in forex. Pip is the unit of measurement for the smallest exchange rate change that can happen in a currency pair. Traders also plan their trades using the number of pips to specify the profit earned in a trade. Pips play a major role in determining the end result of a trade and hence a pip calculator is an essential part of the trading calculator. You just have to specify the base currency and previously calculated position size in the pip calculator and it will calculate the value of a pip in the currency.
- Profit calculator
The function of a profit calculator is quite simple. It calculates the trading results in terms of profits or losses.You can calculate this by specifying the entry price and exit price for the trade positions. This will be useful in planning your trades based on the risk of loss and possibility of profit.
- Margin calculator
Before opening a trade position, you need to make sure that there is sufficient margin in your account to keep that trade running. This is especially important when a trader avails leverage from their broker. If the margin levels are not met the broker will send a margin call notification to deposit more funds to meet the margin level requirement. And your positions will get automatically closed if you fail to do so.
Other Key Functions of a Trading Calculator
Besides the above functions, the online forex calculator or trading calculators also have some other basic functions that are useful for trading with ease. This includes the following.
- Exchange rate calculations – Exchange rate differences between currencies are the base for forex trading. Hence, calculating the conversion rate of currencies is a basic but important function that can be seen in most online trading calculators. Check out the best us30 profit calculator here.
- Fibonacci calculator– A fibonacci calculator may not be there in every trading calculator but some brokers do provide them for helping traders to use fibonacci retracement levels for planning their trades. So, traders can use this fibonacci calculator to use the fibonacci indicator for trading.
- Pivot calculator– This is another additional function and not all trading calculators come with a pivot calculator. However, they are useful for calculating entry prices, exit prices, stop loss and take profits levels in trades.
Is an Online Forex Trading Calculator Free to Use?
Yes, they are free as most brokers provide these trading calculators as part of the trader’s toolkit on their platform. These online trading calculators are free to use and convenient as well.
Which is the Best Trading Calculator for Beginners?
All trading calculators are beginner friendly and anyone can learn to use them without much effort. Just make sure the broker you choose provides all essential functions in the trading
calculator and you are good to go.
How Do You Calculate Profit in Trading?
You can use the forex profit calculator for calculating the trading results. You can find it in most trading calculators offered by brokers online.
How Do You Use a Forex Calculator?
Using a forex calculator is quite easy once you have a trading plan to follow. You can just specify the values in the forex calculator and it will return accurate results in no time.
Why Do We Use a Trading Calculator?
A trading calculator is convenient and easy for traders to get done with some essential calculations that are required before entering a trade.
A Beginner’s Guide To Forex Brokers
Taking your first step into the forex market is always a challenge in itself. Understanding the functioning of the market and getting a grasp of the trading concept and technicalities surely take some time. But one crucial decision that you have to make as a beginner is choosing the right forex broker. This decision will have a major influence on your trading journey and experience as a whole. So, you need to consider several options and variables before opening a trading account with a forex broker. Today, you will be able to educate yourself about forex brokers and the role they play in trading by reading this beginner’s guide.
What Is a Forex Broker?
We do hear the term forex broker a lot while trying to explore the forex space. But many of us may not have a clear idea about what it actually means and why they are important for trading with satisfaction. So, this is a basic question that needs to be answered before moving forward. In simple words, a forex broker is an intermediary between the forex trader and the forex market. You cannot access the forex market without opening a forex trading account with a forex broker of your choice.
But the forex broker is much more than a middleman in the trading process. They will be functioning as a connecting link between liquidity providers and retail traders which is essential for a smooth trading experience. They will be working in the background to make the currency pairs available for trading at best prices. They will also be charging a fee for this service in the form of spreads and commission. The forex broker integrates a popular trading platform to their website, enabling the users to trade directly through the broker platform.
The forex broker is also in-charge of handling your funds or trading capital. You will be placing trades through the trading account registered with the forex broker. Hence, you will be trusting them with your hard earned money. So, this sums up the relevance of finding a reliable forex broker as the trust factor is very much needed to engage in trading activity.
Regulated Vs Unregulated Forex Brokers
Now another term that we often hear in relation to forex brokers is regulation. There are basically two types of forex brokers: regulated and unregulated. Regulated brokers are the ones who are registered with a regulatory body with a valid licence to function as a forex broker. The regulated body will be keeping an eye on the broker to ensure that they are operating within the legal boundaries. They also have to meet the criteria set by the regulatory bodies for earning and maintaining the licence throughout. That is why many traders tend to look for regulated brokers to carry out their trading activities as they are safer in comparison.
On the other hand, an unregulated or offshore forex broker is not regulated by any such authority or regulator body. They are independent and are not answerable or obliged to meet the requirements set by forex regulatory bodies. But this does not mean that they are illegal or cannot be trusted. Many forex traders prefer to trade with offshore brokers as they tend to be more flexible in some aspects. But for a beginner with no prior knowledge or experience in the forex market, opting for a regulated broker would be more ideal in our opinion. However, you are free to choose any broker that suits you as a trader and can proceed after ensuring that they are legit irrespective of the regulatory status. Read More
Advantages Of Regulated Forex Brokers
- They are constantly monitored by the regulatory bodies that they registered with, which makes them more trustworthy.
- You are more likely to get negative balance protection with regulated brokers.
- Regulated forex brokers’ platforms may have better functionality along with a responsive customer support team. Offshore brokers may also provide this but when it comes to regulated brokers, they are obliged to meet the standards set by the regulatory body.
- Choosing a regulated forex broker is a good practice to trade on the safer side.
- The regulatory bodies will be there to protect the interests of clients who are trading with a forex broker regulated by them.
- Regulated forex brokers usually have a wider clientbase and tend to be more popular which often makes them better when it comes to customer service.
Disadvantages of Regulated Forex Brokers
- Some regulated brokers will limit leverage offered to retail traders.
- Trading with a regulated forex broker does not make trading 100% safe even though the regulatory status adds to the trust element.
Which Are Popular Regulatory Bodies?
There are quite a few top tier regulatory bodies that regulate forex brokers and trading with any broker who is registered with these well-known authorities will give traders a sense of security. Some brokers may state that they are regulated but often they are only partnered with lesser known authorities which does not add much value to the regulatory status. So, it is important that the regulated forex broker you choose is registered with a tier-1 regulatory authority in the first place
Now, let’s have a look at the top tier regulatory bodies that you should know about while choosing a regulated forex broker.
FCA or Financial Conduct Authority is a top-tier regulatory body for UK forex brokers. So, traders who reside in the UK can look for a FCA regulated broker as it makes them a licensed forex broker in the United Kingdom. FCA can be rightfully referred to as the number one regulatory body due to the high standards set by them.
CySEC is the short form for Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission which is the top most regulator for the EU and Cyprus region. The functions of CySEC are very much similar to FCA and this makes CySEC regulation relevant for forex brokers offering services in the EU.
ASIC stands for Australian Securities and Investment Commission. As the name implies, this regulatory body is in charge of giving licence to forex brokers offering their services in Australia. ASIC has a key role to play in the forex industry as many of the global forex brokers are based in Australia.
FSCA or Financial Sector Conductor Authority is the top regulatory body that grants licence to forex brokers offering their services in South Africa. There are many forex traders located in South Africa and they can look for a FSCA regulated forex brokers for a better trading experience.
There are some more regulatory bodies that regulate the activity of forex brokers operating in different regions. We have only covered the top 4 authorities as these are the most common regulations obtained by forex brokers on a global level. To sum it up, I want to say that regulatory status is an important criteria that one must consider while choosing a forex broker. Beginners need to do some research in this topic as it can help them in making a wise choice when it comes to selecting the most ideal forex broker.