Investing in managed forex accounts is one of the easiest ways to get market exposure and earn profits with minimal effort. The professionally managed account services also reduce the risk of trading to a great extent, and it has become a feasible method for passive income generation as well. Because of this, forex MAM and PAMM accounts have become a popular option for many. However, a beginner planning to invest in forex MAM/PAMM accounts should know about the risks and rewards that are associated with this innovative approach towards forex trading. This article will discuss the topic in detail with the intention of helping investors to make the most out of managed account services.
How to Invest in Forex MAM/PAMM Accounts?
As we mentioned earlier, forex MAM/PAMM accounts are set up with the purpose of providing account management services to investors who lack the time or skills to carry out trading on their own. Such account types are also beneficial for professional traders as they get to trade with pooled funds from a number of investors and make extra bucks while using their trading systems to generate profits for these investors.
From an investor’s point of view, Forex MAM/PAMM accounts are ideal for getting the rewards of trading without trading yourself. Investing in these accounts is pretty easy once you find a reliable broker providing managed account services. You just sign up for the managed account service and deposit your funds like a traditional trader. In the next step, you will choose the expert traders/account managers based on their performance statistics.
After that, the MAM/PAMM account manager will be able to trade with your funds, and all the trade positions they enter will be replicated to your trading account in real-time. The account manager will be opening trades in their own account, but the individual accounts of people who invested in the strategy of this account manager will also be connected to their master account.
This allows them to use the pooled funds for trading, and later, the profits/losses will be shared among the master trader and investors based on the percentage they agreed upon while opting for the service. Usually, the broker will be responsible for the distribution of profits/losses based on the amount invested by each investor.
In the case of MAM accounts, the investor does get some rights and control over risk management, and the master trader can only trade based on the parameters set by the investors. So, they are more flexible, but the investor needs to be good at risk management. PAMM accounts are less flexible as funds are used for trading on a percentage allocation basis, but investors won’t have to worry about risk management as the account manager will be doing it on your behalf. You only need to worry about choosing the right account manager who fits your requirements.
Who Can Invest in Forex MAM/PAMM Accounts?
Anyone with surface-level knowledge of forex trading can consider investing in forex MAM/PAMM accounts. Becoming an investor is easier as you don’t need to possess in-depth knowledge about the markets or technicalities of trading. The time-consuming process of learning can be skipped, and you also don’t need to devise a trading plan or strategy from scratch. You can simply rely on the strategy of an experienced trader who is already profitable and matches your risk profile.
You don’t need a huge amount of capital to invest in forex MAM/PAMM accounts, and most brokers allow you to start with a low amount, and you can think of adding more funds later on. You don’t need to participate in the trading process actively, making it a perfect option for anyone with a tight schedule, leaving them with no time to focus on trading. Beginners or amateurs who lack enough skills or experience can also greatly benefit from managed account services as they give a professional touch to trading.
Forex MAM/PAMM account investment is also suitable for casual traders wishing to enhance their profit potential with the pooled funds and advanced trading systems professionals employ. This type of investment is ideal for those who are still trying to learn the concepts on a demo account on the MT4 or MT5 trading platform. Beginners choose MT4 because of its user-friendly interface and many useful features that help simplify trading.
Reasons That Make Forex MAM/PAMM Accounts Rewarding for Investors
- Simple set-up procedure – Signing up for a Forex account as a MAM/PAMM account investor is simple, and the set-up procedure can be easily completed without much hassle. You don’t need to work on a trading plan or strategy but can get into trading as soon as you invest funds with a professional account manager of your choice. You also get a lot of options to choose from, and finding an ideal MAM/PAMM manager is pretty easy when you know how to select the best one by comparing the performance statistics.
- Reduced risk – Forex MAM/PAMM accounts are managed by professional traders with expert-level skills and years of experience in the forex market. Thus, a beginner who opts for such services can eliminate the risk of inexperience or lack of knowledge. They don’t need to worry about losing money due to newbie mistakes, as the trading process is entrusted to a top trader of their choice. So, we can say that the risk of investing in a forex MAM/PAMM account is much less than the risk you take for self-trading.
- Enhances profit potential – Managed forex accounts like MAM/PAMM accounts are great for enhancing your profit potential. The profit potential of independent traders is limited by their knowledge and skill level and the availability of funds to trade with. But forex MAM/PAMM accounts are pooled money accounts where the master trader gets to trade with a large amount of capital combined with funds from a number of investors. They also have good knowledge and skills to deal with different market situations, which is their edge as a trader. You can rely on this edge to enhance your profit potential as an investor.
- Flexibility and Security – A forex MAM/PAMM account investor has a lot of options to choose from, and they don’t need to worry about leaving their funds with someone else as the account manager can only use their funds for trading. In the case of PAMM accounts, profits or losses will only be shared on a percentage basis, which protects you from losing much. In the case of MAM accounts, you can set some parameters to control the usage of funds for trading and manage your own risk. Hence, the flexibility and security offered with MAM/PAMM account services are truly rewarding for investors.
What Are the Risks Involved in Forex MAM/PAMM Investing?
- Lack of control over trading activities – When you become an investor in forex MAM/PAMM accounts, you have no direct control over the trading process. You cannot enter trades on your own, and you can’t close the existing trade positions. Your account manager will be responsible for all that, as you don’t have an active role in trading. But you can always choose to detach their account from a trader’s system and withdraw their funds if they don’t get the expected results from trading.
- Past results do not guarantee profits – Investing in the forex MAM/PAMM account does not guarantee profits in all situations. You choose a master trader or account manager on the basis of their profitability in the past. But we can never be sure of getting similar results in future as the market risk is always there in trading.
Tips to Minimise the Risks While Investing
- Take time to choose your account manager – Many new investors make the mistake of choosing an account manager without enough consideration. So, one tip to minimise the risk with forex MAM/PAMM account investing is to take enough time to choose your manager. You should also do some calculations to compare the performance of different account managers to choose the best one for yourself.
- Diversify your portfolio – The best method for minimising the risk with any type of investment is portfolio diversification, and this is applicable to forex MAM/PAMM account investing as well. You can do that by allocating your funds to different account managers following distinct strategies. This keeps your potential losses to a minimum and increases your investor profitability.
To sum it up, the rewards of forex MAM/PAMM account investing can be obtained by anyone who does some research and follows the above-mentioned tips for minimising the risk. So, take your time to find an ideal broker platform and get started with your investment journey by following our tips to minimise the risk.